Kayonix Flight Computer
GTM (UTC-Zulu) Time:
Rules of Thumb
- GUMPS = Gas, Undercarriage, Mixture, Prop(s), Switches & Seatblets
- Standard Temperature (ISA) at sea level is: 15°C (59°F)
- Temperature decreases 2°C (or 3.5°F) for every 1,000 you climb.
- Vr is approximately 1.15 Vs.
- Weight of 100LL: 6.0 lbs/gal
- Weight of Jet A: 6.75 lbs/gal
- Weight of 50W Oil: 7.5 lbs/gal (1.875 lbs/qt)
- V-Speeds are designated speeds for a specific flight condition.
- Vs - Stalling speed or minimum steady flight speed at which the airplane is controllable.
- Vso - Stall speed in the dirty configuration.
- Vr - Rotation speed, the speed at which rotation of the airplane is initiated to takeoff attitude.
- Vx - Best angle of climb.
- Vy - Best rate for climb.
Weight & Balanace
- Weight x Arm = Moment
- Total Moment ÷ Total Weight = CG (inches)
- Weight Shift Formula: (Weight shifted/Total weight) = (Distance CG shifted/Distance weight shifted)